1756-DHRIO faulted-offline-validating.

MGuenette

Hi,

I use a 1756-DHRIO card with a CLX. The card is in slot 3

-I use channel A as RIO and channel B as DH+ network with 6 nodes connected to it.

There was a lot of MSG instruction going trough the dh+ network and I have made a cleanup of this. Now I want to add only one MSG instruction that is going to replace the olds ones.

Before I add the new msg instruction the status of the card in the IO tree is faulted 16#ff00. the status is oscillating between faulted and validating.

If I add the new msg instruction the status comes offline for ÂĽ of second and then faulted and validating.

Be cause of this, I got some fautl in my code because I'm loosing some I/O for a fraction of second.

The new msg instruction is to transfer an INT into a slc5/04.

what could cause this?
thanks
Martin.

What rotary switches on the modules are set for?
S1=1, S6=0
It should match I/O configuration
See tn 20618

16#ff00 error....

from the RSLogix5000 help:-

RSLogix5000 Help said:
đź““
Connection Request Error. No connection instance.

The controller is attempting to set up a connection with the module and has received an error.
- Ensure that the physical module is the same module type (or is a compatible module) as created in the software.

Could be you have wrong revision in the IO configuration (eg 1756-DHRIO/B versus /C or /D).

Check the actual module (use RSLinx browser to determine device properties) matches the specified module in the IO configuration of the project.

Ok,

I have checked the series of the card...and changed it for the good one (serie B instead C serie's ) but I still have the fault.

I need to wait this w-e (no production during the w-e) to check the switchs position. As I uunderstand :
S1 should be a 1 because I use this channel as an RIO with SLC5/04
S6 should be at 0 (DH+)

Do I need to set channel A as RIO in the configuration pannel or I leave it to DH+. for exemple. the tag nammed VD200_575 properties is "Alias" Alias for is OUT_R[22].0

Everything is working even with the RIO but the card is faulted is it normal ?

thanks
Martin.

To replace DHRIO that was working with a brand new one you will need to set rotary switches only
If replacemnet card was used before in any other chassis then you will have to reset routing table and channels via RSlinx

If DHRIO had routing table (should not be in your case) then you will have to re-create routing table

I am interested to know at what speed you have your DH+ running?
Has RIO always been on Ch A and DH+ on Ch B?
I have not got a suggestion for a fix, I am just asking questions I would have asked of myself in your situation.

To replace DHRIO that was working with a brand new one you will need to set rotary switches only
If replacemnet card was used before in any other chassis then you will have to reset routing table and channels via RSlinx

If DHRIO had routing table (should not be in your case) then you will have to re-create routing table

I did not change the card..I've realised that because I add a new MSG instruction and I've got a lot of stange situations. I have lokoed in the io tree and seen that the card goes offline sometimes so I cleanned up I reduce the number of MSG instruction. The card still goes offline sometimes.

What do you exactly mean be resetting the routing table...Go in module condif in rsling, routing table tab and click "restore to default"?

thanks for yuo help!
Martin.

I made a mistake....

both channel are used as DH+. I do not have any RIO adapter on the SLC connected on CH.A.

Do I need to put a 50Ohms resistors on the CLX?
AsI can see, the blue and the clear cable are inverted. I'm going to check each processor connected on CH.B this afternoon to make sure that they are all inverted also

I know that 1 = clear 2 = blue so mine should be 1=blue 2=clear.

If both channels set for DH+ then you should remove it from I/O configuration - it should not be there at all. KB has multiple technotes on this issue.
S1=0(or 2), S6=0 (or 2) should be your settings

Do I need to put a 50Ohms resistors on the CLX?
You must have 150 Ohm (or 82 ohm) resistors on both ends of your DH+ cable dasy chain.
make sure you understand that it has nothing to do with your issue.

As long as you connect same color to same pin number on all modules it will work, but I recomend you to follow correct color code for future troubleshooting:
1- clear, 2 - Blue
Color code listed on the DHRIO door.

Last edited:
If both channels set for DH+ then you should remove it from I/O configuration - it should not be there at all. KB has multiple technotes on this issue.
S1=0(or 2), S6=0 (or 2) should be your settings

You must have 150 Ohm (or 82 ohm) resistors on both ends of your DH+ cable dasy chain.
make sure you understand that it has nothing to do with your issue.

As long as you connect same color to same pin number on all modules it will work, but I recomend you to follow correct color code for future troubleshooting:
1- clear, 2 - Blue
Color code listed on the DHRIO door.

but I need it in my IO config. I use it to config my MSG instruction over the DH+ network. I need it to set the "path"

You don't need it to set path, it's not necessary to use Browse button, you can type path manually like 1,<slot number> for local module.
In fact you can delete it now and you will see this string under your path.

You don't need it to set path, it's not necessary to use Browse button, you can type path manually like 1,<slot number> for local module.
In fact you can delete it now and you will see this string under your path.

Great! I'll do it this w-e. The production is running and I dont want to affect anything during this time by removing the card from IO config. I'll also put 150 Ohms resistors on both ends
So I unnderstand that I do not have any problem in fact

thanks a lot for your help.

Last edited:
I've add 150 Ohms resistor this w-e. It does not work better.

As soon as I enable a MSG instruction going on CH.B, the Ch.A is affected. I do not receive the status of some IO. I build a logic to catch the communication loss and sometimes I'm loosing it for 10 seconds. I dont know why the ch.b affects. Ch.A like this.

The only thing that I can see is the cable is not a standard Belden 9463. It's a Shellflex (partially erased..not sure about the SHELL) 11R 16 AWG 300V CSA Instrumentation Shielded

MArtin.

How about posting your program? Then we can see what the DHRIO setup really is. And we can see how you are doing your messages and what your problem may be.

A description of the networks with little details like non-standard cable included would also be helpful. How long is the cable, is it daisy-chain or trunkline/dropline?

You said earlier that both channels were actually DH+, but your last post refers to not receiving the status of IOs. What IOs? How are they related?