1756-ENBT and Remote Wago I/O

SCAN.PLC

Hi,

Do any one have idea how to read the status of he WAGO I/O modules
installed remotely and coonect to 1756-ENBT thru Ethernet TCP/IP.
Wago has Ethernet coupler in remote I/O .

How i can read the status of inputs and update the remote I/O .
Do i need to do messagge instruction for this.

thanks in advance .

scan.plc

Please post the part number of the Wago coupler and a link to it's user manual.

Very likely you can use a Generic Module profile to set up I/O data exchange with the WAGO device.

It would be a lot easier to use Rockwell I/O that has module profiles and pre-defined data types and configuration applets in RSLogix 5000.

You can call wago tech support in the US (Germantown, WI). They are very helpful. They have a simplified tech document that they can e-mail you for using the 750-341(fieldbus coupler). There is a more advanced document on their website that describes connecting to a 750-841, located in the application notes section (programable controller) that can be downloaded here: http://www.wago.com/wagoweb/documentation/app_note/a2032/a203200e_f.htm

If you have gotten to where you can decode the Wago manuals, most of the info you need is in the PFC or buscoupler manual. Note that the ONLY ones you can use for an IO connection is the 750-841 or 750-341. These are the only ones that support EtherNET/IP. Also note that after setting up the IP address you will need to use the web interface for the module to turn OFF ModbusTCP and turn ON EtherNET/IP protocols. Then there is a button buried somewhere that will allow the bus coupler or PFC to generate the proper IO size based on the IO modules you have installed on the WAGO remote rack. NOW you can use the generic profile mentioned above to add the WAGO remote rack to you IO assembly in the ControlLogix.

Hope this helps. If all that mentioned above makes no sense, then call WAGO tech support. They are very helpful. The tech support engineer that works with the ControlLogix the most is John Ditter, but sometimes he can be very busy. The other tech support people should be able to help you through basic IO connection.

Hope this helps,

Darren