1756-ENBT Control Flash

Tmac2490

I have a 1756-ENBT which I would like to flash up to the latest revision. Right now we are getting many FCS errors showing up, sometimes our communications to our HMI's and other devices pause for up to 20 seconds. Would the FCS errors cause this? I believe the revision now is 2.4.

1756-ENBT_A 1_1.jpg

That is helpful, thank you.
A portion of that article,

The Alignment and FCS errors are detected when the full-duplex port will transmit without listening, and this will sometimes corrupt the messages transmitted by the half-duplex port.
If a hub or unmanaged switch is utilized, then all devices need to be configured for Auto Negotiate.

We have an unmanaged switch in our configuration, I had set all other devices to fixed full/100, to correct a different issue, perhaps I created a new one!

I originally had a issues with several Power Flex 525 losing communications and stopping a process. I was advised from, you guessed it, Rockwell to make sure these drives are set to 100/full and all other devices are set there as well. All seemed fine! Then we started getting very long pauses, up to 20 seconds on our HMI's. This is why I started looking down this Auto vs Fixed road! Today I will make sure all unmanaged switches are replaced with managed.

You folks are really helpful and I do appreciate your thought!