1756-ENBT module not pinging

kondababu

I configured 1756-ENBT module IP address wrongly in RSlogix5000. After download, In the module it is displaying the IP as 192.168.2.10 and OK. But i'm not able to connect the ENBT module and atleast not able to ping also.
There is no rotary switches to set the default IP also.

Please some body help me.

Have you tried using BootP to change the IP address? If not I would start there. Also make sure the IP settings on your computer are compatible with the 192.168.xxx.xxx address.

Rockwell Software-->BootP/DHCP Server.

Will

Last edited:
What is the IP address of your computer?

If the ENBT used to be, for example, 10.10.10.1, and your laptop was 10.10.10.2, then you would be able to talk to it, no problem. But if you then change the IP address of the ENBT to 192.168.2.10, then your laptop would not be able to ping it (or otherwise talk to it) from 10.10.10.2.

If you change your IP address to 192.168.2.11 you might have more luck. Obviously, you will need to ensure that 192.168.2.11 is not being used by another device on the network, but for the purposes of this exercise you can plug your laptop directly into the ENBT and prove that it will at least communicate.