1756-IF8H Dissable Channels Faults

ce.bonilla

Good afternoon, I came with a question, currently i have a remote chassis with an series of modules I/O, digital and analog,the analog module marks me channel fault in 3 to 7, the bit that active this is the brokenwire. i dont have a instrument conected to those channels, how can i dissable the channels from 3 to 7 and erase the fault?

One option would be to place jumpers on the unused channels to maintain 0 VDC on them and then configure them for any input range other than 4-20 mA or 1-5 V, so that 0V is a valid input value.

I don't know if that particular module allows the unused channels to simply be disabled in the configuration. If so, that would be the simplest solution.