1756 L81 out of box SD flashing red LED-no valid SD exists

bigLee

Hello,

Before i reach out to local supplier, figured I'd ask here regarding this issue. Right out of box, the controller had a solid red SD LED. Indicating it does not recognize SD card. After a couple downloads with my application, it is now flashing which per the manual indicates SD card does not have a valid file system.

Within the controller properties I cannot load/store and the message indicates no SD card installed.

Any ideas or does this need to go back for return?

Thanks!

Do you have another SD card ? odds are its just the card, I had a bad one about a year ago

Reset to factory default with paper clip, reflashed and was able to store to SD. Maybe a glitch during initial flash?

Not sure if this is related but also have the PLC plugged in and get to a good operating temp and then power cycle the PLC.

I also thought the PLCs could run without an SD card but I only have a very limited experience with the new PLCs. I just know I froze one (temperature froze) and the PLC faulted.