1756-OF8 Faulted

Hello,

I am trying to do a very simple task (just checking to confirm that all channels work) with a 1756-OF8. However, when I add the module in S5K, the OK light goes a solid red and under the tag viewer, all channels have a Channel Fault, all ModuleFaults are on along with the AnalogGroupFault, Calibrating, and CalFault. I am using a 7-slot chassis and this is the only module I’m having issues with.

Please help!!!

is there dipswitches on the card and are they correct?
have you programmed the card initialization routine?
i can be wrong on both counts, if i am, someone please correct me.
james

If I'm not mistaken, the module only requires software configuration. No dipswitches or BTWs like you'd encounter on older AB PLCs.

If it's configured for all channels to be current outputs and nothing is wired to the module, I could see it having open circuit channel faults. Sounds like something more is going on though.

Hmmm...the 2015 version of the user manual that covers the -OF8 says that a steady red OK light means "The module must be replaced". The 2022 version says "The module is experiencing a Major Fault". The solution is:
First attempt a Reset. If that does not work, attempt removal and insertion under power(RIUP). If all else fails, replace the module
I don't think I've ever seen "if all else fails" in an official manual before...

You may have the option of inhibiting the IO connection and performing a reset through the module configuration dialog.

Does this dialog reveal any more information, like a fault code?