1762-IR4 Temperature Jumping

Heater

I was wondering if someone could give me a hand with an issue I have been having.

I am using a 1762-IR4 input card for a PT100 3-wire RTD. The temperature input has been fine the past few years since it was installed originally. The RTD is in a cooler, where the temperature is consistently 2 Celsius (this has been verified with thermometer in the room). The reading I get will be fine for a few hours, then all of a sudden jumps to -70 or a large number that is not close to correct. The RTD its self has been replaced, the wiring has been replaced. I measure the correct resistance where the connection to the card is. but the input keeps jumping around. The card channel configuration is fine.

Any suggestions would be great.

If the 1762-IR4 inputs are galvanically isolated, I would try to leave the RTD and wiring on one input, and connect any (50-250 Ohm) resistor directly to the other input. If there is a jumps at both the sensor input and the resistor input, then the problem is on the 1762-IR4 side, otherwise on the wiring and sensor side.
In case you described, it's usually a wiring issue. Are you absolutly sure in all connections, that the cable does not touch current-carrying parts, is not in the zone of electromagnetic fields?