1768-ENBT problem

Joel201

Good day,

I have a 1768-L43 PLC and 1768-ENBT. My setup is Power Supply,1768-ENBT,1768-L43,ECR. I have used the Bootp to place an IP address to the 1768-ENBT i have disabled the Bootp and checked the module if it has an IP and it shows the IP i have input and then cycle power to the units and check if the IP is still there and it is still there. Now my problem is that when i connect my ethernet cable to the 1768-ENBT and then try to configure it in RSlinx by selecting the EthernetIp I cannot see the ethernet module just the default windows and my PCI card i am using rslinx v2.57. Thanks in advance for your help guys.:site:

*EDIT I can Ping the Ethernet module with CMND so i am confused why it doesn't show in RSLinx

Regards,
Joel

Last edited:
Is your computer configured for the same IP subnet as the 1768-ENBT ? But with a different IP address, right ?

Try the "Ethernet Devices" driver in RSLinx Classic.

The "EtherNet/IP" driver uses a broadcast packet that can be blocked by some firewall software, while the "Ethernet Devices" driver uses a TCP connection to the devices you put in the Host List for the driver.

Last edited:
How about if you use the Ethernet Devices driver and manually type in the IP address? Can you connect to the module through it's embedded web page?

Thanks for your replies guys.. it seems that my ip should be within 169.254.15.x when i changed into that IP i can see the PLC in RSLinx. i haven't read anything about using a fix pattern of ip when configuring the Ethernet module. Maybe i just didn't look close enough by the way thanks again :p hehe

Regard,
Joel