1769-HSC Configuration Error

bwolten

Flashing Red OK Status indicator :

Rockwell Automation Publication 1769-UM006E-EN-P - July 2013

Table 23 - Configuration Error Codes pg 117

These types of module errors are typically reported in the controllerÂ’s I/O status file. Refer to
your controller manual for details.

if module has a Flashing Red OK Status indicator, where can i view the error codes described in Table 23 using RSLogix 500???

Thanks

The 1769-HSC is a compactlogix module, you will need RSLogix 5000 to view status information.

I would assume error information can be found in the input tag; if the module is located in the local chassis this would be Local:[Module#]:I.Fault

the 1769-HSC can be used on a 1500

I don't think the codes are readily available from using RS500, unfortunately. You may have to look at the data arrays to identify the error flags. The locations of those flags may help point in you the right direction

Thanks for the correction; so used to working with compactlogix I'd forgotten that 1769 modules can be used with micro as well.

Odd that in a compactlogix the fault word is part of the input tag but apparently isn't actually part of the input array that's accessible in 500.

@bwolten Was this a previously running system that has now faulted?

Table 31 shows the input array which contains some error flags, as BlueAltezza mentions the input data file is probably the place to start.