1771-QB to 1756-HYD02

KevinO

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hey there. So we are converting a machine with tempasonics from PLC5 to ControlLogix. It was originally connected to a 1771-qb module and now will be connected to a 1756-hyd02 module. I am starting to look into the process of modifying the logic to work with the new module.

Has anyone gone through this process with any insight to hurdles I will encounter? Thanks in advance.

Don't expect to re-use much code from the PLC5. The HYD02 is much better supported on the Contrologix than the QB was on the PLC5. The HYD02 uses the same motion blocks as the M02AE so if you can't find HYD02 examples then M02AE or MO2AS examples will still be a great help. All 3 modules are basically the same code with tweaks for the different feed back devices.

Thanks a lot, Peter. That gives me a good start. I also got some good documentation from Temposonics about the 1771-QB interface that was quite helpful.