1784-PCMK ---> Windows 2K3

specialkc

I am just in the process of converting an RSView32 Application to FT View SE. Will I be able to talk to my SLC 5/04, on a server running windows 2k3 using a 1784-PCMK? I hope to re-use the card and just talk directly to the SLC using DH+ rather than using a NET-ENI card or a 1756 chassis passthrough.

Will I be able to re-use the 1784-PCMK card, and run it on a windows 2k3 server?

Yeah the driver for the PCMK supports W2K,WinXP and Win2K3. I have used it on my laptop without issues.

You will though have another problem though. The PCMK is not supported by RSLinx Enterprise which is the primary data server used by FT SE.

You will instead need to use RSLinx Classic as an OPC Data Server in FT View. If you are using this in a local app (everything running on one PC) then RSLinx Classic will "activate" to provide the OPC capability. If you are creating a distributed app then you are going to need a license for RSLinx Classic.

The bigger question may be, why are you running your HMI on a laptop?

OG

As far as the RSlinx concern, I was under the impression that RSLinx Classis was the only version of RSLinx that would run smoothly in this application especially with the SLC family of processors. I was only speculating that it was a PCMK card at the plant, as I have not been there yet. Whatever card it is, it's installed in a Desktop PC(server). So would that mean it has to be a PKTX, and if so will that card work fine with RSLinx classic talking DH+ to the SLC on a win 2k3 server?

specialkc said:
As far as the RSlinx concern, I was under the impression that RSLinx Classis was the only version of RSLinx that would run smoothly in this application especially with the SLC family of processors. I was only speculating that it was a PCMK card at the plant, as I have not been there yet. Whatever card it is, it's installed in a Desktop PC(server). So would that mean it has to be a PKTX, and if so will that card work fine with RSLinx classic talking DH+ to the SLC on a win 2k3 server?

Maybe, if the computer is old it might be a KTX card (ISA or EISA slot) the PKTX is a PCI card. The older card may not fit your new computer.