1794-acn

Pierre

Lifetime Supporting Member
I read post on this Network adaptor.

They got rev. 1.25 and the whole plant is less than 10 years old.

What gives? They say they have a hard time finding them adaptors and I read here that its very old.

I tried to find a cross reference chart in the AB site but maybee the words I used are wrong.

Is this 1.25 rev the A01?

What is involved in replacing them to something more recent?

Will the PLCs also need to be replaced or just there firmware?

3 PLC-5/40C and 60 nodes with this 1794-ACN rev 1.25 !!!

Others stuff to consider but time and money?

Try the silver series lists I think that version of controlnet was very short lived and has been fully obsoleted. I forget the site name...

Here it is:

http://www.ab.com/silver/

Yep, there is an expandable category for +Communications

http://www.ab.com/silver/controlnet125.html

There's your answer...I think some devices may be flashable...

Paul

EDIT: Search Knowledgebase for "Do I Need to Replace the Firmware Chips or Can I Just Use ControlFLASH to Upgrade my PLC5 Processor?"

Requires login so link is useless

Here's a s snippet:
For all Series and firmware revision levels, there is a compatible communication
firmware chip revision level. See Technote ID19181 for the communication chip
history.....
See Technote
ID 27741 for the history of the socketed vs soldered in communication chip.

Last edited:
Thanks for the links.

Do you know how to find when a product was designated as Silver Serie?

Specifically these adaptors.