1794-OW8 Flex IO

karivelm

Hello,

I am using a 1794-OW8 module FLEX output card. From the card I am providing Voltage to the outputs does that mean that I must bring the desired voltage on A-00 & A01 terminals. Or does the voltage that I want to apply to my outputs come from B-17 (V-) & C-35 (V+)???

Best regards

karivelm said:
Hello,

I am using a 1794-OW8 module FLEX output card. From the card I am providing Voltage to the outputs does that mean that I must bring the desired voltage on A-00 & A01 terminals. Or does the voltage that I want to apply to my outputs come from B-17 (V-) & C-35 (V+)???

Best regards

A-00 and A-01 to power your output load.
B-17 and C-35 to power the module
Terminal no. depends on base used
See Drawing

TermWiring.jpg

ModuleWiring.jpg

Last edited:
Re: follow up question on 1794-OW8
Quote:
Originally Posted by karivelm
Thanks for the answer.

I am actually using the same voltage to power my module & to power my outputs. So I guess I can just use jumpers.

Bring 24Vdc to A0 then jump to A2,A4,A6,A8,A10,A12,A12,A14

Bring 24Vcom to A1 then jump to A3,A5,A7,A9,A11,A13,A15.

Is this correct ???

No connect your +24VDC to even number "A0,2,4..." terminals. Connect your load to the odd numbered terminals "A1,3,5,..."

Connect your loads common to the -24VDC.

DIAG.JPG

If loads are inductive install surge protection ( Free Wheeling diode will work well for DC power)

I would also fuse each load so no one device will take your whole system out.

Last edited: