18 pulse VFD vs the active front end drives?

TheWaterboy

Lifetime Supporting Member + Moderator
Anyone have any good or bad experience with the 755 series drives from AB that have the Active Front end?
I have to approve something for 3 projects coming up and I want to give these drives a shot unless someone can tell me something to watch out for that would change my mind.

Anyone have any good or bad experience with the 755 series drives from AB that have the Active Front end?
I have to approve something for 3 projects coming up and I want to give these drives a shot unless someone can tell me something to watch out for that would change my mind.
I've found them reliable but about double the cost of comparable drives from other manufacturers.

My experience with active front-end drives from various manufacturers has been good. I think 18-pulse is obsolescent technology.