Durapulse vfd

chipr97

Looking for input I was looking at a durapulse drive 5hp to use on a cut to length application. cuts will be 10 to 18 inch long.
Any ideas I know it would requre an encoder tied back to the drive or back to a PLC. not sure on which plc yet maybe a micrologix??

Last edited:
Use an indexing drive. ABB ACSM1 comes to mind if you want to use an induction motor. You will need an encoder on the motor. There are many options out there if you want to use a servo motor.

Well cost is going to be a big factor. This is a small project have found the feeders just working out the drive system. have a tolerence of +/- 1/2" That was the reason for looking at the Automation Direct drives.

Similar Topics

Hi Everyone, Like the title says I am looking for opinions on the Automation Direct DuraPulse AC Drive. In the past I have only use AB Powerflex...
Replies
Views
Anyone using or used the Automation Direct Durapulse GS3 series AC drives? Been using a lot allen bradley powerflex 525 drives for basic fabric...
Replies
Views
Hi there, I have above mentioned VFD which is communicating to my control logix(L62) plc using devicenet DNB scanner(plc side) and 20-comm-D card...
Replies
Views
Hello, first of all let me state for the record that I'm not a tech of any kind, I have limited experience with industrial automation devices, so...
Replies
Views
Sorry in advance for the long post, but this requires a little back story. I work in a facility with a couple hundred VFDs Most are in a web...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom