22,5mm code access

rQx

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hi,
I may have dreamt but I could have sworn that I have seen a 22,5mm hole mounted code device somewhere. Main objective is to only be able to operate some buttons without input a code. Purely hardwired. A key will not be applicable in this situation
/Tim

Are you describing a sort of self-contained PIN input keypad, with a discrete contact interface to a PLC ? Or an access-control sort of situation where you program it with acceptable codes ?

Or maybe a small HMI like the Schneider Harmony STU, that uses a 22mm hole as the through-panel mount method ?

Are you describing a sort of self-contained PIN input keypad, with a discrete contact interface to a PLC ? Or an access-control sort of situation where you program it with acceptable codes ?

Or maybe a small HMI like the Schneider Harmony STU, that uses a 22mm hole as the through-panel mount method ?

Anything that can give me closing contact for some seconds, for me to be able to run the 24V to some hardwired buttons through. No PLC is in this so an HMI is not applicable.

I just had in mind that I've seen something like this somewhere.

So not have to be a 22,5mm hole if it doesn't exist. It can be something else but prefer something from the automation side and not a door codelock. Even if maybe that's where this will end :)

?

You mean key no, keypad yes ?
RFID reader ?
Fingerprint reader ?
Card reader ?
Barcode reader ?

Ohhhh I forgot about biometric readers. I assumed OP meant they didn't want something that can be lost or forgotten so I thought key, card, fob etc. wouldn't be suitable. Can't forget your own finger though.

?

You mean key no, keypad yes ?
RFID reader ?
Fingerprint reader ?
Card reader ?
Barcode reader ?

I was answering the first response that suggested a 22,5mm ID key from siemens.

They need some security to operate the button, but they wan't to be able to give access so someone for example over phone. So code is more or less the only thing I can come up with

OK, I think I get it now.
There is no PLC or HMI. Only buttons and relays.
There must be some device that auto generates a code, and the local operator must then enter the corresponding key. When entering the correct key, an output energizes 24V to some buttons.
The 24V will be active for a limited time - for example 5 minutes.
When the time expires, the output deactivates and a new code is generated.

I think that a smart relay with integrated display could be the solution.
For example Siemens Logo is quite inexpensive.
If it must be panel mounted then it could be an AB micro810, it can have a separate display.

OK, I think I get it now.
There is no PLC or HMI. Only buttons and relays.
There must be some device that auto generates a code, and the local operator must then enter the corresponding key. When entering the correct key, an output energizes 24V to some buttons.
The 24V will be active for a limited time - for example 5 minutes.
When the time expires, the output deactivates and a new code is generated.

I think that a smart relay with integrated display could be the solution.
For example Siemens Logo is quite inexpensive.
If it must be panel mounted then it could be an AB micro810, it can have a separate display.

Exactly! I have thought of the siemens logo also, could also program it with some inputs from for example 5 buttons that need to be pressed in correct order. It will be this or a standard codelock for a door.

The numerical pad that was suggested would also be intresting but harder to find in Sweden

This looks like it would do what you want, and quite reasonably priced. Not a 22mm mount but ticks all the other boxes - 24VDC operation, relay output with adjustable energisation timing (up to 28 hours).

https://www.commgear.com/security-s...keypad-1-000-users-1-relay-output-indoor.html

A few more options here - if you can't find one with an adjustable timer on the output you could always use a more generic one with the momentary "door release" output, and wire in a simple delay off timer.

Proface makes this HMI-mini PLC combo that mounts in a 22.5mm hole

Schneider has a similar one.

I thought it was IDEC that made a 22.5mm mount HMI but couldn't find the link. There are some off-brand HMI's that popped up when searching though.

Program multiple codes in to energize different PLC outputs to the control PLC.

Last edited: