24 AVE for Cntrlgx

burnbomb

First time, so give me both barrels!

Trying to do 24 hour average in Contrologix.
Using a AVE block with a 1 hour array, collecting
data every minute, then doing a 24 hour AVE once a day.

Don't know how to setup array for analog in.

In PLC's, I am up to BTR and BTW, as this is what I use
to communicate to the Foxboro I/A system, my other
job. (wish rockwell had a AVE function block like TOT,
i built a Totalizer in ladder logic, wasn't pretty).

TIA

i believe you just need to use two FIFO stacks to hold your data, one 60 elements long, and one 24 elements long. use the FFL/FFU commands to move a data point into the first stack once a minute, then have another stack that receives the result of the AVE command once an hour. at the end of the day, run another AVE on the 24 element stack holding the hourly data. the FFL/FFU commands in ControlLogix accept integers or reals, so there should be no data type issues (unlike PLC-5)

There is a TOT Totalizer function in the ControlLogix function-block diagram language.

It might not fit your requirements for averaging, but it's a built-in function that you don't have to write yourself.

I realize that you might not have the FBD language editor enabled, but I wanted to set the record straight on the Logix support for a totalizer function.