24VDC and 120VAC control circuits on the same conduit

Thanks for your answers, but just for clarifying the issue, our 120VAC wires carry just control signals for relay coils (no direct motor power).

Technically I agree that it should do not have any problem with noise and false 24VDC triggering but I was asking if any american regulation forbides to run them on the same conduit/junction-box.

As long as the 24Vdc circuit wiring insulation is rated for at least the 127 circuit AND if the 24Vdc circuit is OCPD protected, then yes, they can be in the same conduit. It has to be fused (Class 1 circuit) otherwise Class 2 and Class 3 circuits have to be in separate conduits from the other circuit

Similar Topics

Good afternoon, I have an application where we induction harden different areas on our assembly part using coils that wrap around and heat up to...
Replies
Views
The people I work with are not electrical people. I run into this struggle almost every other week on why I choose to use 24VDC. I have some...
Replies
Views
Anyone know of a good TOF relay I can use to catch a high speed 24vdc (~100ms) and signal a 120vac input module? This is a pig that goes through...
Replies
Views
Has anyone come across a quality built 120AC outlet that is controlled from a DC voltage? I am looking for an industrial grade unit with the...
Replies
Views
Hello all, My customer wants me to monitor a 120VAC power source for failure. For this I am using a 120VAC relay (by Magnecraft). I want to take...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom