2HP, PF525 Drives

ANDY1

Rockwell will not answer this question, so I'll post it here.
Can anyone tell me why none of my distributors have any Allen Bradley, 2HP, PowerFlex 525 drives in stock and why they don't expect to get any? The AB sight shows that they're still active.

I've seen people saying that they have lead times of months waiting for common sizes of drives from most manufacturers (in addition to basically every kind of electronics).

I was quoted +60 months on one model of the 525, its not just RA its everyone, the HMI's are even worse

Rockwell finally got back with me. It appears that the 2HP, PF525 is there number one seller. And as some of you posted, they're waiting for chips. So, I decided to upgrade to a 3HP VFD which there seem to be plenty of in my area. If in dire need and nothing else will do, it is possible to submit a "Delivery Improvement Request" with your distributor and Rockwell will move you up the list.

My experience with Rockwell distributors in the past year, seem the distributors are hording pallets of equipment. In the last few month I need several PF525, from my local distributor 3mo wait time. But next state over distributor had 200+ in inventory. Since out of my territory I had to pay over retail. Rockwell will not allow distributers to sell out side their territory unless they sell at or over retail. ($1800+ for a 3hp)

I am seeing this with IO modules as well. Had to buy 18 IB16 from TX, 24 OB16 from CA, as I recall both distributers had 100's of each but not both. Lucky me, my local distributer acquired the main components 8 ANT2R and the PLC.

I was quoted +60 months on one model of the 525, its not just RA its everyone, the HMI's are even worse

60 Months? That's way out there!

Was supposed to get a 12" PV5510 last week. I called yesterday and they said not gonna happen till November some time. Original promised delivery was 5-6 weeks. A-B account manager at my rep told me all the "Big Players" are getting everything 1st and have to wait till they don't need any.

That's BS!!!

Last edited:
60 Months? That's way out there!

Yah, that was a typo it was 60 weeks not months... but just looked back on the quote is was really 30 weeks, cant help it, I am a fisherman and exaggerate everything, still a long lead time for a drive 25B-A2P5N114

Rockwell will not answer this question, so I'll post it here.
Can anyone tell me why none of my distributors have any Allen Bradley, 2HP, PowerFlex 525 drives in stock and why they don't expect to get any? The AB sight shows that they're still active.
Seriously? and you are from TX.

Keep in mind that those lead times are the average for the listed family. Specific items will beat that and others will fall much behind. The current average lead time for the Guardmaster safety relays, safety mats and safety edges is shown as 106 days on the sheet linked to above. I am getting a set of five safety mats in 21 days. As is the way with averages, that means something else in that family will have a 180 day leadtime.

Keith

I heard that 60 week story in my area too, I think it might be coming from competitors. Rockwell publishes a Lead Time report because of all of the supply chain issues. Right now (as of Sept 8th), PF525s are at 92 days.

https://www.rockwellautomation.com/...nloads/pdf/Lead-Times-Rockwell-Automation.pdf

Yes, it's all about the chip sets.

Oh wow, I haven't seen that document. I think we average about 200 2HP drives a year. I don't think we've bumped into this yet, maybe because we stock quite a few of them, seems like we could hit that wall sooner rather than later.

5069-L320ER's have been a problem and 700S relays. We had a customer spec AB light curtains. We had to ship the machine with temp Banner ones. Took 6 months to get the AB ones.