analog control of PF525

dp96

I seem to be on here often lately but cant find specifics about my situation

I am trying to control the drive using both ethernet and analog(for motion control) when needed. I figured out how to get a servo module on PLC to output 0-10 bipolar signal to powerflex 525. I have the enable input turn on DIG input 7 on drive( ive trued both source reference 2(dig input) and source 2 plus spd ref(analog input)when this happens my drive sees the analog signal from and inputs it into the commanded frequency. i actually got the drive to turn on and run using MAJ statement but i changed a couple things in testing and will to get that back running.

My question is do i have to use the start fwd rev ethernet outputs to drive to run using analog signal or is there another output/parameter to use when starting motion commands using analog via plc?

Currently i have to have a jog fwd output(local tag) that comes on with fwd direction MAJ and have that fire the ethernet out for fwd on drive, jog rev with MAJ reverse, and have my MSO to turn on drive start output. the issue is sometimes its buggy when i needed to command a freq again using hmi to the PLC(ethernet control)

is there a better way of setting my source/speed ref commands for this without having to have another output card fire fwd and rev on digital inputs for analog reference?

too simplify i have motion logic in program that is enabled when motion card on plc is turned on(via MSO) that turns on DIG input 7 on drive to allow the analog speed cmd instead of hmi ethernet command. only way to start the drive after using analog commanded freq is to use ethernet output commands. which sometiems messes up seems like im missing something

Last edited:
figured it out for anyone needing this in the future i set source 1 and speed ref to ethernet ip/ethernet ip i set source and speed 2 to ethernet ip/0-10v analog. then connect enable input from servo card to terminal 7 on drive and set tht input to be used for source 2 and spd. this allows you to still use ethernet output commands while using analog as your commanded freq for motion statements