3-phase motor and contactor

My ab booklet for NEC 430.250 shows that a 10 hp, 208, 3 phase motor has a full load current of 30.8 amps. depending on your motor, look at table 430.52 and table310.15(b)(16) . i would make the wire size at least a the same size or a little bigger than the fuse. the fuse protects the wire , not quite saying this correctly, but you do not want the wire to melt before the fuse blows
i am a bit rusty on the motor side, but this will help. others may chime in and give better advice.
james

Similar Topics

What would happen if you ran a 60Hz Single Phase Motor on 50Hz supply?
Replies
Views
Hi PLCs.net! I'm working on a multi-motor system, most motors are single phase, driven by servo drives. I wanted to check what kind of motor...
Replies
Views
Any panel I've built with contactors and overloads has been 3 phase. I'm now quoting on one with some small single-phase loads. Definition of...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone, I ran into this 230 single phase two speed motor with two capacitors and a relay (see picture) and have a few questions: The...
Replies
Views
Good Morning , I should know this , but will a 3 Phase overload trip if a 3 Phase motor runs single phase for a long period of time ...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom