3 phase reversible SSR

LittleOne

Anyone has a suggestion for a 3 phase solid state relay that is reversible?
I've seen them used to change the direction of motors.
However I don't know the brand name and the www wasn't much help.
The ones I saw looked like a standard contactor (with additional heatsink) and where really nice, no mechanical interlocks for forward-reverse, just 3 phase in, 3 phase out and a FW and RV input.
Although I fear that the price will be steep...

Little one..

The relays Ron posted appear not to be reversing contactors.

I've never seen such an animal..execpt in the form of a drive. I've used a soft start in combination with a reversing hoist contactor though...If your forced into this, be sure to time the contactor so that it comes in before the soft start initiates, and drops out after the soft start stops.

Mike..(elevmike)

elevmike said:
The relays Ron posted appear not to be reversing contactors.

The second link (Crouzet) IS a reversing SSR. Read the second paragraph about the GA0... đź““

BTW, I've never seen one either, until now... ;)

🍻

-Eric

I may have given the wrong link, will check. The crouzet link is a 3 phase reversing relay, GA0:
The GA0 solid-state relay is designed to reverse the direction of a motor by switching two of the three phases. Two legs of the three-phase network are wired to the output of the GA0, with the third leg being tied to the motor either directly or through a separate solid-state relay. When the control signal is applied to the input's forward (“F”) terminals, the output SCR's switch power to the motor. When the control signal is applied to the input's reverse (“R”) terminals, the two legs of the output are reversed. If the control signal is applied to both the forward and reverse terminals simultaneously, the outputs of the relay shut off.

This is also a solid state reversing relay Carlo Gavazzi:
https://www.gavazzionline.com/images/RR2I4005.pdf
You can configure one from this page:
https://www.gavazzionline.com/ProductSelection.asp?wci=Motors

This page offers 3PH SSR's and motor controllers that are reversing:
http://www.hagelec.gr/celduc.html

BTW the AB SMC Bulletin 150 is a solid state motor controller (also known as softstart) that can be configured for reversing.

Last edited: