4-20ma cable again...

Thanks all for the suggestions. I have had a chat with another knowledgeable chap who suggested placing a 0.1uf or even 1uf across the sensor and ground to minimum noise. Which made sense. Also a suggestion of averaging the output of the sensor over 20ms was made also.

I guess in the end, its a case of trying some of these and seeing if they work in situ. I do like the idea of thinking outside the box though...

Thanks all!

Similar Topics

My application has a VFD controlled pump located 2120 feet away from the building. I want to send a 4-20ma signal from the building to the VFD to...
Replies
Views
Hi Guys, I know I have asked a similar question before about this, but I've another. For a 3 wire sensor, (ground, +ve and signal) can the...
Replies
Views
Hi There, I've had a wee look around for answer to this, but I can't find a suitible one, so I thought I'd ask you guys... I would like some...
Replies
Views
The platform is a PLC5/40 with RSLogix. I've been given the task of installing an encoder on a piece of moving equipment (linear motion ~45...
Replies
Views
Hi all, I'm connecting several 4-20mA sensors together in parallel (only one shown below) The enclosure is ABS plastic with metal backplate DAQ...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom