5/02 coms to new uic to dh485

Having a problem with communicating to older 5/02 1747 L524 plcs with the UIC interface. XP update happened to the laptop and the PIC was no longer viable....so we got the UIC as a solution.
These processors where originally programmed and accessed with a PIC driver and the coms and node on the processors should be 9600 node 1. The processor in this application uses the same dh485 port to communicate with a display.

The UIC driver is set up as 19.2 k full duplex ....like the sheet recommends.
Tried using old processor files from similar processors (and PIC driver origins) and just changing the driver on processor comms. No Luck. Tried new job with processor driver, baud, and node set.
No Luck. Linx recognizes the processor type but X's it out and communication fails.

I appreciate your help.
Thanks,

I assume your using the 1770-kf3/1747-ke driver error checking BCC protocal full duplex. You may try to check if the UIC is picking up correctly in RS linx. The manual states not to use the autoconfigure but I've found that I've never had any problems with it. As a policy I always set the startup asn on demand to prevenmt the port conflicts that readily occur. Does any errors get reported on driver diagnostics? Also have you tried RS who active go online in the RS logix comm menu?