5000 AOI - Open Instruction logic stays Greyed out

showshocka

Hi. I have been dealing with this for years. Does anyone know why or, how my AOIs are not allowing me to look in on its running logic while I am online in the 5000 project? At times it's open and some other times it's randomly greyed out and will not allow me to select it. On the other hand, my coworkers will open the same project and theirs will not be greyed out on "Open Instruction logic" tab of the AOI. Vice-versa, at times my "Open Instruction logic" is not greyed out and theirs will be. Seems to me like some kind of cache issue. I've had enough. Thank you in advance for the help!

AOI no access Logic.jpg

Last edited:
I think this is just a matter if what had focus when you right clicked. You need to be right-clicking the tag name for the AOI. It appears the ellipse has focus.

Edit: actually, maybe I'm crazy, other things that have focus still allow you to open instruction logic...

Last edited:
Is the version release the latest release for that version? Consider updating if it isn't.
And download and install the latest patch roll-up from the RA website.

Ver 20 had 2 incompatible versions: 20.1 and 20.3.

Both had serious issues and Rockwell finally released v20.04, and now 20.05, that handle both versions and fix a lot of bugs.

Is the version release the latest release for that version? Consider updating if it isn't.
And download and install the latest patch roll-up from the RA website.

Ver 20 had 2 incompatible versions: 20.1 and 20.3.

Both had serious issues and Rockwell finally released v20.04, and now 20.05, that handle both versions and fix a lot of bugs.

Yep. Well that solves it all. My controller's Version 20.13. Thank you Gents! I need to upgrade that version:beer:

…and while I'm here, I just upgraded one my Controllers versions to version 32.013 from 20.13 and found that in this version Online edits do not work. Has anyone heard of this? I have not read up on it yet. It was a bulletin that came out at my work to upgrade it so I did as soon as it came down the pike. In the meanwhile I have rolled my system back to Version 30 to still be able to perform online edits.

I've yet to run into a version that would not allow online edits when the switch on the PLC faceplate is set to remote. I'm using versions 20 thru 34. But I keep up with all roll-up patches.

Just a thought here, Studio & RSlogix 5000 can have multiple versions installed at the same time so the statement "upgrade a version" means that an installed version has been upgraded/updated to the latest release (to me and others I work with).

I've yet to run into a version that would not allow online edits when the switch on the PLC faceplate is set to remote.

Me neither. I have always performed edits while the unis are running, in the Run position, unless It was something that needed a download> I don't get this one. I played a around on a another controller, a 1769-L33ER, Compalogix 5370 and got a same results. This one was new out the box. o_O

Me neither. I have always performed edits while the unis are running, in the Run position
Physical switch must be in Remote position, not Run in order to do online edits. Guessing that's not the issue since rolling back fixed it though.

fwiw I have several 5069-L320ERS2 Compact GuardLogix 5380 all running 32.013 and can online edit no problem. Studio version 32.02 if that matters.

Physical switch must be in Remote position, not Run in order to do online edits. Guessing that's not the issue since rolling back fixed it though.

fwiw I have several 5069-L320ERS2 Compact GuardLogix 5380 all running 32.013 and can online edit no problem. Studio version 32.02 if that matters.

Good info as always!! Thank you!!