5000 logix emulate problem

scalo94

Hi everyone, i'm new to Rockwell plc programming and i'm trying to simulate an existing project to debug it.
I have been working for some years with Siemens software where simulation is quite easy and intuitive, so i'm having some difficulties with logix emulate ...
I am working with studio 5000 version 33.0, logix emulate version 33.0 and Rs linx classic 4.20 CPR 9 SR 12.0, OS windows 7 professional.
My problem is that when i open logix emulate and try to add a simulated 5570 controller in any free slot (i've tried slot 2 to slot 16), as you can see in the attached image i can't select the controller version beacause it's blank and it's not showing me anything, so when i click on "next" and then on "finish" the message "internal error ! failed to install studio 5000 logix emulate in slot!" appears.
As i told you it's my first experience with Rockwell so don't know if i'm doing something wrong or i'm missing something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated;
Thanks

controller_version.jpg failed.jpg

My guess is that it might be an installation issue. You should be seeing several version options (v20 - 33) in that drop down.

I would try reinstalling Emulate

OG

EDIT: Just saw a RA Tech Note on this. They say to try to repair the install. If that doesn't fix it, uninstall and reinstall.

After uninstalling, go to the Windows registry using REGEDIT to modify the appropriate registry key

32-bit Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Rockwell Automation\VirtualBackplaneMonitor

64-bit Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Rockwell Automation\VirtualBackplaneMonitor

From there, delete the VirtualBackplaneMonitor folder. After that, reboot then reinstall.

Last edited:
My guess is that it might be an installation issue. You should be seeing several version options (v20 - 33) in that drop down.

I would try reinstalling Emulate

OG

EDIT: Just saw a RA Tech Note on this. They say to try to repair the install. If that doesn't fix it, uninstall and reinstall.

After uninstalling, go to the Windows registry using REGEDIT to modify the appropriate registry key

32-bit Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Rockwell Automation\VirtualBackplaneMonitor

64-bit Windows
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\Software\Wow6432Node\Rockwell Automation\VirtualBackplaneMonitor

From there, delete the VirtualBackplaneMonitor folder. After that, reboot then reinstall.

I uninstalled and installed again and the problem was solved, thank you for the help

If you are having to do this a lot, keep your ears open for FactoryTalk Logix Echo. It is the replacement for RSLogix 5000 Emulate. It fixes a lot of issues that Emulate has (but of course I sincerely doubt Echo will be anywhere close to as easy as it is in Siemens).

Hi everyone, i'm new to Rockwell plc programming and i'm trying to simulate an existing project to debug it.
I have been working for some years with Siemens software where simulation is quite easy and intuitive, so i'm having some difficulties with logix emulate ...
I am working with studio 5000 version 33.0, logix emulate version 33.0 and Rs linx classic 4.20 CPR 9 SR 12.0, OS windows 7 professional.
My problem is that when i open logix emulate and try to add a simulated 5570 controller in any free slot (i've tried slot 2 to slot 16), as you can see in the attached image i can't select the controller version beacause it's blank and it's not showing me anything, so when i click on "next" and then on "finish" the message "internal error ! failed to install studio 5000 logix emulate in slot!" appears.
As i told you it's my first experience with Rockwell so don't know if i'm doing something wrong or i'm missing something.
Any help would be greatly appreciated;
Thanks

View attachment 60117 View attachment 60118
I have the same problem, could you pass me the installer? please