600 Volt Ethernet

DTan

Does anyone have recommendations on what to use for Ethernet cables that connect to an overload relay (AB E1+ overload with a 193-ETN ethernet sidecar) on a 480V motor starter?

Probably you can use any ethernet cable that you use normally. If it is not run in conduits or raceways with 600 volt cables, it does not have to have 600 volt insulation.

Okie,

Good call, that 600 V Ethernet cable would certainly come in handy in areas where there is not a low-voltage cable tray.

Probably you can use any ethernet cable that you use normally. If it is not run in conduits or raceways with 600 volt cables, it does not have to have 600 volt insulation.

Maybe someone can clear this up, but I thought if the wire enters any enclosure that has 600V, it needs to have 600V insulation. Not sure if I got this from NEC/ NFPA/ old wives tale. :unsure: Or have I been wasting money on more insulation than I need.

I was under the impression that the insulation needed to match the voltage run on the wire within the insulation not next to it. Which would make sense, but then governmental agencies rarely make sense.