6ES7531-7KF00-0AB0 S7-1500 8-Channel Input No Supply Voltage at L+ Error

scrinunit46

Lifetime Supporting Member
Dear All

I am currently trying to configure my S7-1500 CPU to read a 4-20mA value at channel 1 Analog Input Card Module (6ES7531-7KF00-0AB0) 4 wire transducer type and display it on a scada screen.

My network are as follow

S7-1500 CPU+PS 24VDC connect with Distributed IO ET200MP Interface Module Profinet via Switch network hub. The ET200MP also has various module connected to it such as 6ES7531-7KF00-0AB0 8AI Card and a 8DI & 8DQ card.

My Problem face are as follow

TIA Portal analog input show a constant 32767 (prior NORM_X and SCALE_X) regardless if there is an 4-20mA value injected into channel 1 or not. Apparently I am facing issue with "Supply Voltage Missing" at Channel 1 which according to diagnostic show "No Supply Voltage at L+" (the LED indicator of channel 1 will blink red)

Attachment show 3 picture, the first picture shows the connection of an 4-20mA injector inject into channel 1. The 2nd picture shows the measured 24VDC from point L+(41,42) M(43 & 44) thus providing necessary power to analog module.

Has any one face the issue where either one of AI channel has a "No Supply Voltage at L+" error even though there L+ and M are connected (shown in attachment 2 with multimeter) if so what are your remedy on how to resolve TIA not able read the analog input channel.

I have check with a multimeter there is an 4-20mA value injected from the injector

Please reply as soon as possible
Thanks in Advance

Brandon

Image 01.jpg Image 02.jpg Image 03.jpg

Dear All

I am currently trying to configure my S7-1500 CPU to read a 4-20mA value at channel 1 Analog Input Card Module (6ES7531-7KF00-0AB0) 4 wire transducer type and display it on a scada screen.

My network are as follow

S7-1500 CPU+PS 24VDC connect with Distributed IO ET200MP Interface Module Profinet via Switch network hub. The ET200MP also has various module connected to it such as 6ES7531-7KF00-0AB0 8AI Card and a 8DI & 8DQ card.

My Problem face are as follow

TIA Portal analog input show a constant 32767 (prior NORM_X and SCALE_X) regardless if there is an 4-20mA value injected into channel 1 or not. Apparently I am facing issue with "Supply Voltage Missing" at Channel 1 which according to diagnostic show "No Supply Voltage at L+" (the LED indicator of channel 1 will blink red)

Attachment show 3 picture, the first picture shows the connection of an 4-20mA injector inject into channel 1. The 2nd picture shows the measured 24VDC from point L+(41,42) M(43 & 44) thus providing necessary power to analog module.

Has any one face the issue where either one of AI channel has a "No Supply Voltage at L+" error even though there L+ and M are connected (shown in attachment 2 with multimeter) if so what are your remedy on how to resolve TIA not able read the analog input channel.

I have check with a multimeter there is an 4-20mA value injected from the injector

Please reply as soon as possible
Thanks in Advance

Brandon

The maximum value-32767 means "
overflow reading". Which indicates "Wirebreak or the power supply for the moduels is missing".

Please review the Wiring for the module in terms of resolving the power issue.

Try to replace module.

The maximum value-32767 means "
overflow reading". Which indicates "Wirebreak or the power supply for the moduels is missing".

Please review the Wiring for the module in terms of resolving the power issue.

Try to replace module.

Dear Mujahid Chougule

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have made the connection in the manner shown in attachment and using a 4-20mA injector (Model: JY-C702S) to inject a value of 4-20mA into pin 2 (AI+) and pin 4 (AI-) respectively of the Analog Input Module. I also have connect L+ and M, pin 41 and pin 44 respectively and there is a 24V DC output from the multimeter. It is still displaying a constant of 32767 value.

Funny thing if I disconnect the 4-20mA, it still show a 32767 value.

sincerely
Brandon

Skect01.png

Your diagnostic screen shot shows an error with Channel 0 but you are using Channel 1

Post the h/w configuration for the analogue card (I see you have shown this in your last post)

Dear Mujahid Chougule

Thanks for the prompt reply.

I have made the connection in the manner shown in attachment and using a 4-20mA injector (Model: JY-C702S) to inject a value of 4-20mA into pin 2 (AI+) and pin 4 (AI-) respectively of the Analog Input Module. I also have connect L+ and M, pin 41 and pin 44 respectively and there is a 24V DC output from the multimeter. It is still displaying a constant of 32767 value.

Funny thing if I disconnect the 4-20mA, it still show a 32767 value.

sincerely
Brandon

Did you tried to replace AI Card?

Please see, https://youtu.be/J2Wkko7zHZw

You are receiving value 32767 all the time, it indicates that loop is open due to the "Power to module is missing". Even in that case, you connect/disconnect Transmitter; it will not effect till card get supply.

Your diagnostic screen shot shows an error with Channel 0 but you are using Channel 1

Post the h/w configuration for the analogue card (I see you have shown this in your last post)

Attached is the hardware configuration of channel 0 which currently I am injecting a 4-20mA value via an injector.

The value remain 32767 shown in TIA portal in attachment 2

sincerely
Brandon

Capture01AnalogConfiguration.jpg Capture02TIAPortalNORMX.jpg

Did you tried to replace AI Card?

Please see, https://youtu.be/J2Wkko7zHZw

You are receiving value 32767 all the time, it indicates that loop is open due to the "Power to module is missing". Even in that case, you connect/disconnect Transmitter; it will not effect till card get supply.

Dear Mujahid Chougule

I have tried replacing the module with similar AI module it still giving out 32767.
Note
When I check the diagnostic function it indicate "No Supply Voltage at L+" even though i measure with a multimeter at L+ there is a 24V

sincerely
Brandon

If you connect the meter in series with the 4-20 mA transmitter show a value between 4 and 20 mA ?

Dear JesperMP

Yes I have connected a meter in series with 4-20mA it show a scaled value.

However the main problem the output from TIA portal is showing 32767 with or without the meter connection in between.

sincerely
Brandon

Deal All

Did any encounter this type of problem before?
If so what are your solution on how to resolve this overflow.
Thanks in Advance

sincerely
Brandon

Deal All

Did any encounter this type of problem before?
If so what are your solution on how to resolve this overflow.
Thanks in Advance

sincerely
Brandon

Having read page 16 (17 by pdf number) of this:

It looks like you should be connecting to pins 2+4 for channel 0 or 6+8 for channel 1.
From the attachment in the original post, you should be able to see the value just fine on channel 1 if you set that up.

Dear All

The issue have been resolved
Turn out the connector supply by siemens was not install correctly
After installing correctly, the diagnostic "No Supply Voltage at L+" disappear completely

Thanks all for your input

sincerely
Brandon