842e Encoder...

That is like "what is the best color for painting?" or "What is the best tool to use on a car?"

What do you want to do with the encoder based information? (I noted that in your previous posts you seem to have connected it ok.)

Last edited:
The ordinary 842E encoders are an EtherNet/IP networked absolute encoder and work as an I/O device.

The 842E-CM versions actually work as Logix Integrated Motion devices and use the motion control instruction set.

With the ordinary one, you have the Position value right there in the Input tags associated with the encoder.

This seems like a very straightforward linear scaling application. The onboard "Enable Scaling" feature might even allow you to do the conversion to inches right in the encoder, without any ladder logic.

Similar Topics

Dears, i am trying to change the series of encoder from A to B, but the program do not has this option (Rslogix5000, 20.06 the old encoder was...
Replies
Views
All, I've been lurking for quite a long while, and ran into something I could use some help with. We have an application that previously had an...
Replies
Views
I am working with a Allen Bradley Absolute Controller (842E-SIP5BA). I was wondering if anyone has any experience with them. Pros/Cons? Has...
Replies
Views
Hi folks, I have 9 process lines that each have a footage counter that measures strip length for a coiling process. I've had these for a couple...
Replies
Views
Hello everyone! I'm upgrading a "flowpack" machine using 1769-L36ERM, 5 Kinetix5500 with VPL motors and a 842E-CM encoder as a master. When...
Replies
Views
Back
Top Bottom