856T-BH3 Horn Cable Connection

Ryan_Flowers

Lifetime Supporting Member
Hello,

I have a recordable horn I am trying to drop some .mp3 files into. Part no. 856T-BH3. It requires at a USB A 2.0 to Micro USB. I have used a few different cables, and made sure to buy one rated for USB 2.0 but whenever I connect it to my PC it identifies it as storage then it will immediately drop out. I've used multiple different crossover cables and a couple laptops with the same result. Is there a specific cable that anyone knows of that I should be using? Possibly defective out of the box?

I can't find this document online to link to, but I took a photo of the direction sheet it came with and attached it.

Thanks for any help that can be provided.

856T-BH3 Recordable Horn.jpg

Are you able to use other USB storage devices on that computer (thumb drive, external hard drives, etc.)? Our IT department blocks the use of USB devices unless you get individual permission from them. They block devices and people that are not whitelisted by them. It is becoming more popular to do this type of blocking to prevent loss of intellectual property and help prevent malware.

I can use flash drive and external SSD storage on both of my laptops. Also one laptop is networked in to my company and the other is unnetworked. Both are having the same problem with it identifying the storage but then immediately dropping it out.