900MHz yagi antenna location

Elevation? Any reason why you went with two yagis? Normally I have multi-point networks and put an omni on the master/AP radio and yagis pointed back from the remotes.

>Have you put a meter on it and checked reflected power?

No. What meter would that be? 900MHz at 1W?

I'm very interested in finding out. The radios are a couple years old, but installed just recently, connections protected with rubber tape, so water intrusion is unlikely. But the 400 extension cable could have been kinked, too tightly radiused, who knows?

>Any reason why you went with two yagis?
It's point-to-point. Not multi-point.
There's coal pile and 3 steel buildings between the two points. They were trying to make up for lots of obstruction with tighter directivity. Hope and a prayer.

The first baby step is to figure out where to figure out how a yagi deals with energy coming out the back side, even though the bulk of the radiated energy goes forward.

Check output power on the master/ap. Some software let's you check reflected power so look into that. Was it ever working before? If so, I would check any surge protection you may have, make sure the pinn and cable isn't pulling out of you connector(crimp style have this problem a lot) or if you have spares swap one out to make sure its not the radio itself. Some radios will give an rf out put alarm if the cable or antenna are back just by checking its own reflected power when it transmits

Dumb question, did these radios ever link before? I mean like in a test area like a work shop just to make sure that the network settings and hop patterns sync.

Is that drawing above the angle of the antenna? My wifi booster (dual band WiEx PCS CEL) with the "Yagi" upgrade is two flat panels with two coax cables and a signal combiner and they are aimed flat or as vertical square plates, I cannot imagine the antenna inside the opaque front panel being at an angle, but that is the extent of my knowlege of Yagi, and I still don't know what Alaric was chuckling about...

Okie:

I am not entirely sure from you description, but there is an Antenna called a Corner Reflector that is used in similar applications to the Yagi. That may be what you have if you want to Google it.

Stu....