A-B T47 Programming Terminal

plcapps

Lifetime Supporting Member
Here's a blast from the past.

Does anybody know how to echo (or redirect) the video output to an external monitor? I plugged a monitor into the vga port (I guess it's a vga port), but don't see anything on the monitor. Maybe something to do with DOS "mode" command and "display.sys" file?

That's definitely a blast from the past !

The VGA port isn't active in parallel with the built-in display; you have to switch the output to it with the "mode2" utility.

Code:
[FONT="Courier New"]mode2 crt

mode2 lcd[/FONT]

That *should* already be on the T-47, as it was distributed on diskette with the terminals.

It is described in the user manual:

https://rockwellautomation.custhelp.com/ci/okcsFattach/get/30087_4

Thanks. That did the trick. The utility wasn't on the hard drive, but I managed to find it on some floppies.

Thanks. That did the trick. The utility wasn't on the hard drive, but I managed to find it on some floppies.

You found some floppies ... and a floppy drive .. and THEY STILL WORK?!?

I'm impressed. I have a tote full of floppies but I'm quite sure that they would not work in anything any more. Does anyone recycle floppy disks?