A little PLC 5 Help

The Plc Kid

We lost a plc 5 processor this morning and in our stock room we have a replacemnet that looks like it cam from the rockwell exchange service at some point.

It is a 1785-L60B/E according to the data label on the side but on the front of the processor it is marked 5/40?

Could this just be a firmware upgrade? i am assuming the hardware between the 5/40 and 5/60 were the same as best as i can tell from here http://www.ab.com/en/epub/catalogs/12762/2181376/2416247/1239760/1551229/tab4.html

The unit also needs a battery but i can't seem to find any info on it. Many of our old plc 5 processors use the 1785-XY battey which looks like a standard AA. This plc 5/60b / 5/40 whichever it is has a battery opening towards the bottom and the battery is about the size of a 9 volt with a special 2 pin connector. Anyone have a manual that shows it or does anyone know the part #. All i can ssem to find on the rockwell sire is in reference to the 1785-xy Battery.

Did you go online with the processor yet? What was it a 40 or 60? Mark has all kinds of stuff. He is one of us (GIT). Plus he is an OK guy.