a vfd INDUStrial ELECTRIC AC motor SPEED CONTROLLER(inverter)

sori its me again, i would like to have your advice, on the items i m about to decide ,and buy for my own learning and understanding usage, i m aabout to place an order a frequency inverter, model: 3g3jv-a2007 , (or known as a vfd) , input ac200~230v, 3phase/1phase, 0.75kWand another is a 3phase IM, 0.5HP, 4pole, capacity 0.5HP, 4pole, rmp1400, input acc220/415 star/deltathe plc i m going to use on these is ge fanuc is part no. ic693udr001i just need ur advice if i m possible to control using ladder using the 3items above. i know, i m abit too much in the forum .. but please, tell me just a "yes" or "no"please enlighten me , sir, sori if i trouble u !!

My last time

All this has to be a joke. It is virtually impossible for someone in 4th year of engineering not to understand these concepts.

He/She/It has been told NUMEROUS times that a plc can work with a drive. He/She/It has been shown/explained ways to control a motor with a plc thru a drive.

This is the wiring diagram of the drive you mentioned.
3g3jv.jpg

This is the manual for that drive: http://www.patchn.com/3G3JV_Manual_I528-E3-1_0400.pdf

S1 thru S5 are digital inputs used for the functions desired. S1 is forward/stop...that means a signal on S1 will run the motor forward and removal of the signal stops it. They are all multifunction which means you can "program" them for your desired function.

You can use the Fanuc outputs as input signals to the drive, it will require using the power supply from the drive.

Its my opinion that you should not be allowed to plug in a lamp, let alone attempt to work with an AC drive and motor.

I have provided pictures and the manual...read the friggin manual then figure it out...if you are not able to by this time you DEFINITELY SHOULD NOT BE NEAR ELECTRICITY.

I have made an attempt to assist but I still think this HAS to be a joke. If its not a joke then this person has no business working with electricity. If that sounds harsh its because it was suppose too.

By PM

I received the inquiry Post #17 by Private Message. For instructional purposes for others, I am repeating my reply here. Also, I like to keep things on the forum.

"I'm not sure about the details of the specific VFD hardware or manufacturer involved, and I am reluctant to reply without these details. However, the PLC you identify has only discrete I/O. Discrete I/O can control start and stop to the VFD, and can read the run and fail status from the PLC. Generally an analog output on the PLC is required to send the speed command to the VFD. I think you would be better off with a IC693UAL006, which has analog I/O.

You can work around this with some VFDs by using discrete outputs to operate the VFD at a few specific pre-set speeds, but this is not very flexible.

I suggest you create a wiring diagram for the system as you want it, and have your local GE representative and your drive representative look at them. You really should get some in person help from a knowledgable supplier - the amaount of information you need is really beyond on site support."

This kind of question is troublesome. As Ron points out, there appears to be some fundamentals that aren't well understood, and a lot of serious problems can result. It is impossible to teach a full course in control systems in a forum like this.

Last edited: