AB 503s and 1500s + modems - landlines dumped us

I do have a 505 processor I haven't played with yet. I've been having fun playing around with the 503s we have here.

consider you sanity on this option.
I always consider sanity when it comes to installing and being able to troubleshoot this stuff. It doesn't help that we have no formal or continuous training at my job on this stuff as well.

So now its just a matter of looking at and choosing between getting internet from either GSM or DSL

I'm not sure how they are going to want to do this. There really isn't anything available out pier side where these machines are located. It is hard enough getting power out there.

Thanks for the input guys. I'm looking into your suggestions.

Thats a good point, plc kid, about the troubleshooting.

Still gott check out netbiter.com but now my thinking is that, there are three options to price out
PLC - AB modem - GSM modem
ENI
Upgrade to 505

Well no GSM service in my area so that idea is out.

Anyone got recommendations for sprint/verizon wireless internet CDMA set ups? Hopefully something I could dial into and use TAP protocol etc...

Here's another option. The Smart SoftPLC (http://softplc.com) has a built-in ethernet switch, a bunch of serial ports, and an option for an internal phone modem. You can connect to the SLC/MLX via DF1 serial, then based on the tel technology available at each site, either use the land-line phone modem, add a serial/ethernet DSL/cell modem of your choice.

SoftPLC has built-in ladder instructions for email/texting via the connected modem (landline, DSL or cellular) directly or you can send to their TagWell platform in the cloud and have html based viewing capability of any and all PLC's.

The Smart is around $1K with the modem.