AB Ethernet port number

roxusa

Lifetime Supporting Member
I have Micrologix 1400 (1766-L32bxb) Running data collection to a 3rd party for collection. Now my IT has changed and another 3rd party came in to connect to my system and they are asking me the Port #
I have never seen this anywhere. The last company just asked for IP and Subnet Mask.
I noticed Port number when I an running Easy Builder 8000
I believe it gives a default Port of 44818 & another of 8000
I thought one was screen and one was plc I have never changed anything and my stuff works
Any one know the PORT #
THANKS

Apparently, They had me enter a Gateway into the MicroLogix where I had
0.0.0.0 before and now they can see data.
Now I need to tell them what they are seeing.

EtherNet/IP messaging always connects to a Rockwell controller using TCP Port 44818.

The absence of a Gateway address was probably why it couldn't reply to a request from an address off the LAN that was coming via the gateway (probably a router that separates your automation LAN from the corporate network).

'netstat' from the command prompt is always a quick easy way to determine ports if the connection is already made. Using -b with get you the application using the connection as well.

I started doing PLC in maintenance converting older equipment and trying to understand the new, Now I have to learn IT to, gotta love it. Thanks