AB InView communication tags

Andy6

So it seems like these displays are a bit of a rarity for most, and I'm beginning to understand why. This thing is way too problematic and complex for the simple job it has to do.🔨

Down to my question,

In the InView messaging software, when I am setting up ethernet communications, I select "CompactLogix 1761-NET-ENI" as my node type. Which I believe should be correct as I'm communicating with a CompactLogix, although the ethernet card is listed as a 1769-L32E. I go through the prompts on the setup and when I get to the part where I have to list the tags, it will only let me enter N7 style tags(RS500) Even though I'm using a CompactLogix. The only Node type I can choose that will allow me to enter my proper tags is "ControlLogix5000". I have tried using this setting, but it can't seem to communicate. For the few of you that have used these before, did anyone have success working with a Compact, Flex, or ControlLogix?

The details;
A 1796-L32E CompactLogix5332E connected to a switch.
A 2706-P42R connected to a 2706-PENETM connected to the same switch.
Everything communicates fine in RSLinx.

I have attached the Message file as well as the Comm file.

I select the ControlLogix5000 for both CampactLogix and ControlLogix. Also make sure your path is correct.
Have you been able to download you file to the InView.

And yes, these can be a PITA.

Yes I have downloaded the message file and the comm config to the InView. I attempted to change the values for the message triggers, but it wouldn't change from the background screen. Is it correct that you have to add a prefix and suffix to every command?

This is the first and last time I ever order one of these. lol

Post the Logix you are using to change screens if you can. Also did you look at the examples that are provided?

Yes I have gone over the included demos. I think I'm going to download the demo files to the PLC and display, and try to get it working with those. Tomorrow morning when I have access to the machine again.

Here is one I did in a ControlLogix you will have to Import the Routine. Change the file from .txt -> .L5K