Modicon communication with Inview Display

davexr

Can anyone tell me if an Allen Bradley Inview display with a TCP/IP comm. module can be connected to a Modicon PLC? i have been looking everywhere and can't seem to find the answer.

thanks for your time.

hi all,

from what i have found out so far the Modicon uses Modbus TCP/IP and the Inview uses Ethernet/IP, they are two different protocols, if i understand things right. i have found a module that will connect to my modicon backplane and it is supposed to translate. the problem is it doesn't state it will work with the inview display. it says that it will work with AB plc's i have an e-mail with the prosoft tech support to see if it will work. (by the way it is a PTQ-DFNT module.)

i was hoping that i wasn't the first person to have to do this, so if anyone can help with the type of module i can use or maybe some logic on how to change register data to a string i can send to the inview, or even a better display that won't have me pulling my hair out it would be greatly appreciated.

thanks for yor time,
Dave