AB Logix L62 major fault - Question on CF Card

harryting

Lifetime Supporting Member
One of the L62 faulted last week. First time I seen one of this in my many years of working with ControlLogix. Rockwell seems to take this seriously and asked for a bunch of information and one of the ask is the content of the SD or CF card.

So, typically, we don't have memory card in our contrologix PLCs and I never felt I needed them. Back in the SLC days I actually tend to remove the EEPROM since people tend to forget about them and older program would get loaded after a power cycle. I know one can use the card for data log but what else if the card used for? I guess fault info is one of those so it would be good have one a SD or CF card installed? What CF card would be compatible beside one from AB?

The fault is Type 01 Power-up Fault, Code 60-Non-recoverable Fault.