AB mini PLC 2/17 , cat.1771-OBD

kvk

Hi,Where can I get the Hand held programmer for Allen Bradely AB Mini PLC 2/17 , Cat.1771-OBD.Please help me.Thanks

Rockwell may not still be supporting the PLC2 with new software. There is a Rockwell PLC2 software update (download) available (the old A.I. program, DOS operating system version, does not run well in Windows), if you have the original serial number of the software package (and register on the site), from Rockwell Support:

http://support.rockwellautomation.com/webupdates/product_list.asp

You might find a used copy from some individual here that saved an old copy. Also, search on E-bay.com.

Last edited:
kvk said:
Hi,Where can I get the Hand held programmer for Allen Bradely AB Mini PLC 2/17 , Cat.1771-OBD.Please help me.Thanks
That catalogue number is a 16-point 24VDC output module.
The 2/17 has a 1772-L? catalogue number.

If you're hoping to connect to the processor for trouble-shooting, then a 1770-T3 terminal might be more useful.
PC software for the PLC 2 requires additional hardware to interface to the PLC - interface card or "smart" cable depending on the brand.

Plc2/17

The 1770-T3 is a very heavy IT (35+ pounds), yet it is convenient for him to use the 6200 software plus the KTK card & the cable, I remember that I last ran it on Windows without any trouble.

Hagos

AB mini PLC 2/17

Dear Hagos , Thanks for your advice,I could not get a 1770-T3 terminal as it is very rare to find these days.You told that you have been used a 6200 software plus the KTK Card & the interface cable with windows, Can you guide me where can I get this ?
Because now Iam in a big trouble,My machine broke down with some PLC error.Please help me. Thanks

Quickest thing to do is to contact your local Allen Bradley office and ask if they have a terminal or PC with the correct setup or know of someone local that may have one.

Help me!Software Required for AB mini PLC 2/17,cat.1771-OBD , Urgently,

The problem here is Iam not in reach of a local AB office.Also I couldnot find a terminal or software. I kindly requset to some one to hepl in this regard.I tried with Rockwell software for downloading,but I could not get the original Software No.

Hahaha. :p

I checked your links out. Maybe AB had released the software as "free, use on your own responsibility, we have abandoned it". Miracles happens. But no, these are release notes only.

Rockwell address in SECUNDERABAD

Rockwell Automation India Ltd
102 & 103, Hanuman Sharan Aprts,
Park Avenue Colony
Prender Ghast Road
Secunderabad - 500 003
Tel : (91)-40-27841556
Telefax :(91)-40-27841396