AB PF755 Ethernet Comms Best Practices

SpecialK87

I have a relatively small network but I am having some issues with PowerFlex 755 drives (using the native ethernet card) Faulting with the F926 error code. Rockwell says it's probably because there is too much network traffic from broadcast messages which is overloading the Main Control Board. This is causing the Drive to Fault and Restart several times a day. The plan is to use an ENETR card to try to prevent the MCB from shutting down. But it has got me questioning what is the best way to configure the PLCs/ Drives/ Devices in a network to avoid things like this in the future.

Here's what my network looks like. FTView SE Network Distributed. 1 SE Server (data, graphics, and alarms), 1 Historian Server, 6 Clients, 2 1756-L83Es each communicating with 5-8 PF755s and 2-3 SE Altivar 630s. Also have Moxa Managed switches that are configured for a redundant fiber ring and everything is on the same VLAN. No other settings are really touched.

I have limited networking knowledge so I don't know what I don't know. But the questions I can think of are: 1. What's a good way to determine the RPI for devices? 2. What things in my network use broadcast messaging? 3. Can I change settings in my switches to help with traffic? 4. What am I not thinking of?