AB Powerflex 400 Parameters

Hey guys!

I just wanted to check in and give you an update on this issue that I was having. Turns out the error was mostly my fault near the end, haha.

When the issue first popped up, it was writing all parameters below 250 no problem but it was giving us some error about the address not being useable for parameters above 250. I tried a few different things with our software, each time running trying to write all the parameters. After searching and searching and talking with the AS Tech and the Rockwell techs, we found out that all parameters over 250 were at memory location N151, not N150 (where everything under 250 is located) So I updated our software to account for this change, and tried again to write the parameters. In the meantime, I didn't realize that the Program Lock parameter (198), which is unlocked by default, was getting changed to locked anytime I used our software (it is one of the parameters that gets changed that I guess I never noticed) So even after changing my software to look at N151 for those parameters over 250, it appeared that they weren't getting written - when in reality, NONE of the parameters were getting written because the parameters were all locked (I didn't notice this because all the parameters under 250 had already been changed and I thought they were okay). All I need to do is make sure that is unlocked before I try and write (which would be the case on any other drive that has default parameters to start)

So I did need the help in figuring out the N151 memory location, but everything after that was caused by one little bit being set to 1 instead of 0! Oh the intracisies...

Thanks to everyone here that helped out, you all certainly helped push me in certain directions and keep me trying new things. I will also certainly come here if I ever have issues again. Thanks!

I'm glad you got it going. Just out of curiousity, what is a PowerFlex 400E and where didi you get information on the parameters between 255 and 300?

Keith

From what I understand, the firmware that the drive uses is custom to our company, so obviously, those parameters have space for them on a normal drive but aren't used at all - while the firmware we have does take advantage of them for different uses (there was an addendum sheet that Engineering gave me after the fact, that would have been nice knowledge in the beginning, haha) The 400E is just a custom-configured drive, special to our company I guess :)