AB RS Logix 500 Simple questions...

Hi,

The other useful function is right clicking an address to give more options.

2008-06-11_191643.jpg

This will give a full cross reference of all variants of that address (XIC/XIO/OTE etc). Then just click each reference in the results table to navigate to that particular section of code.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Kidblue said:
Hi,

The other useful function is right clicking an address to give more options.

2008-06-11_191643.jpg

This will give a full cross reference of all variants of that address (XIC/XIO/OTE etc). Then just click each reference in the results table to navigate to that particular section of code.

Hope this helps.

Rob

Be careful with that. If you do a find all for N7:10 and it doesn't find anything that doesn't mean it isn't used. Somebody could have copied to destination N7:5 with a length of 10. Your better off to do a cross reference and then look and see what the previous instructions that were used in the lower addresses.

Be careful with that. If you do a find all for N7:10 and it doesn't find anything that doesn't mean it isn't used.

I don't disagree :nodi: I was just trying to give the OP a few 'quick tips' to finding basic addresses used in his particular situation with the Analogue input scaling...

Again, hope it helps (not hinders!!)

Rob

I'd found the "Find All" thanks all the same. Although I didn't know about someone potentially writing to a previous address with a length that would overwrite the address that was being searched for. Thanks for the tips..

:)

Kidblue said:
I don't disagree :nodi: I was just trying to give the OP a few 'quick tips' to finding basic addresses used in his particular situation with the Analogue input scaling...

Again, hope it helps (not hinders!!)

Rob

I know what you are saying, I just wanted to make sure that uptown47 knew about the 'find all' limitations, I found out the hard way and it was ugly. :cry: