AB Safety Input Module 1734-IB8S Loses Configuration

Sensorless

Hello All,

So a weird issue has been happening for me with an in service point I/O drop. I have a 1734-aentr com module, 3 standard I/O cards, a power supply module and then 4 safety I/O cards. The issue I am having is that the 1st and 3rd (Slot 4 & 6) safety I/O cards are losing their configuration which results in an E-Stop being triggered.

The fault code that displays is #0010 with a blinking green MS indicator.

Has anyone had an issue like this with their 1734 safety I/O??

All I have to do is cycle power to the drop and then it starts working again.

There is a KB article I found a while back that explains series B IB8S modules have had some manufacturing issues that cause intermittent connection faults. KB BF27095, access level: Everyone

Edit: I found this after troubleshooting a field issue over the phone. Replacing the module resolved it.