AB SLC connected to Modem

tutu

Hi guys

does any body knows that if I configued SLC ch0 to connected modem, do I still can direct connecte my laptop via RS232 cable?

my SLC cpu is SLC 5/03 Ch0-RS232(9Pin- D shape) ch1 RS485(RJ45)

Yes, just make sure you have the proper cable as handshaking may be required. See below for correct cable

The configuration of channel 0 for modem or direct connection will be the same. Use a null modem cable like the 1747-cp3 for a direct connection to your computer. But to connect a modem to channel 0 you will need a straight through cable.

The configuration of channel 0 for modem or direct connection will be the same. Use a null modem cable like the 1747-cp3 for a direct connection to your computer. But to connect a modem to channel 0 you will need a straight through cable.

There is a choice for protocol control, see picture below.
With or without handshaking.

ModemConfig.JPG