AB stratix device for bridging

s9k2004

Can anyone help me if i can use or if it is possible to use any of AB stratix devices for network bridging? .. We are planning to communicate controllers with different IP, not within the same group for data processing purposes.

Example:
Controller 1 - 192.168.1.1
Controller 2 - 143.183.152.1

Controller 1 have to pass through a network bridge with vlan group having ip add of 143.183.152.xxx

Thanks..

Stratix 5700 definitely offers VLAN routing, I've done it myself. I know there's different options available, I think there's a base model and a "full software" model, and you may need to get the full software model to set up the VLAN routing. If you tell your distributor that you need VLAN routing, they should set you up with the proper model.

I'm sure there are multiple models of Stratix that offer VLAN routing, I just have done it with the 5700. The exact model I had was the 1783-BMS10CGP.

Thanks to your reply...

We are presently using stratix 5700 and stratix 2500.. Both this devices are using vlan.. However what we want to achieve is to include another controller in vlan group having different ip address. Bridging i guess is the right solution and surely i will do some experiment on this devices to make it work. Im just hoping that someone had done this before to seek some inputs and guidance..

Depending on what you are doing you may want to check out a AB NATR. I have used them in the past and they worked fairly well and are not that expensive.