AB6200 Memory Limitations

G
AB6200 enforces the memory limitation of the selected processor during offline development. I have hit the limit of a 5/80C and can therefore add no more code (note that only parts of this offline file are selected in assembling a working program, which of course will be within the selected processor memory limit). Splitting the offline master into two or more pieces will complicate cross-ref and memory usage reconciliation and would present the quite inevitable opportunity to change common code in one piece and not the other(s).

Therefore, I would like to defeat the memory check or add a non-existent entry to the PLC model/memory list within the 6200 s/w that would allow the offline master to grow as needed.

Thanks,

Jeremy

is flint knapping next ?

I don't think you're going to be successful trying to modify 6200-PLC5 software.

I think you might have success by using RSLogix 5 and selecting a SoftLogix 5 controller. You could keep your I/O table all on ControlNet and would not have the memory limitation of a hardware PLC-5.

Are you seriously still using PLC-5C controllers with ControlNet 1.25 firmware ? I didn't think those could still be purchased new.

Do you have any large gaps in program or data file numbering?

Each file takes 6 words of memory for overhead whether you use it or not.

Example: using program files 2-10 and 100-110. Even though files 11-99 do not exist, the system reserves 6 words of overhead for each one (physical memory address pointer) - 89 x 6 = 534 words of wasted space. Likewise for data files.