ABB ACS600 running at Constant

kobena

I have an ACS 600 drive for motor control. The drive receives a 4-20mA input from a PLC at terminal AI2. The 4-20mA signal changes but the Motor runs at constant maximum speed displaying AI2[mA]=20.3mA.

Could someone explain to me why the drive is ignoring the mA input from the PLC? Can 21.1 which is set to DC MAGN be a factor?

NB: I have set 11.3=AI2;Min AI2=4mA;Maximum AI2=20mA

Clearly, the VFD thinks it is getting max mA signal, so it is naturally going to run at max speed. Have you checked the mA signal at the VFD input terminal? It appears that your analgo output isn't doing what you think it is. Are you sure the VFD is set up to track AI2 and not AI1?

Thanks Tom for the reply. I have really tested the VFD at the input terminal. I even simulated the signal at the VFD terminal with a multimeter from 4mA to 16mA at intervals of 2mA and was still getting the maximum mA signal. I have setup to track AI2.