ABB Laser Level Sensor

Oh dear. I hardly know where to begin.

Let's start with

• model of PLC, inputs, outputs
  • model of laser sensor, inputs, outputs
  • how do you expect the laser sensor-measured level to get to the PLC e.g. 4-20mA, 0-10V, Modbus, Hart protocol, Ethernet/IP, RS232/RS485/RS422, carrier pigeon?
  • does the PLC have to do anything to get the sensor to send a value?
  • what does the laser sensor value look like? a binary floating point value, an integer value in the range 0-(2n-1), a string of ASCII or EBCDIC characters (e.g. "12.345 ft"), hieroglyphs?

PLC Type compact logix 1769-L36ERM
Laser model : ABB LM80
options on level sensor: 4-20 mA and Relay A and B

its a Cooler tank for dry product need to control the cooling time

what 4-20mA input card will you be using with the CompactLogix?

What do you want to do with the measurement value once you have it? Are you logging it? Or using it to control the level? Or using it to calculate the necessary cooling time? Or something else?

I need to control the cooling time the vessel has product that need to cool down, that way I have it now its by position with the relay A every time the product gets 75 % activated a valve to open a gate and a vibrator and stops when gets to 70% but if I change product I need to empty the vessel activating the valve manually